My friend, Shannon, semi-tagged me for this. Let me start with saying that high school was not my shining moment. I made some poor choices. Dated a few guys that I should not have. I did not spend enough time with my dear friends because my priorities were off. Fortunately, college was not the same story. Not that I was perfect, but I definitely made much better choices. With that background, here we go…..
1. What was your school’s full name?
For three years, I went to Glendale High School. I transferred to Marshfield High School my senior year. My family was supposed to move in September, so I transferred…..we did not actually move until February (house took took long). The schools were about 35 minutes apart. I transferred for two main reasons…..1. I had never moved so I wanted to see what it was like to be new. 2. My brother had to go there, so I wanted to support him in his move.
2. When did you graduate? 2000
3. What was your school mascot? Falcons/Bluejays
4. Did you date someone from your school? I did.
5. Did you marry someone from your high school? I did not. The love of my life was miles and miles away.
6. Did you carpool to school? My freshman year, my sister took me school everyday. We were late EVERYDAY. I had after school detention EVERYDAY. She never did. My sophomore year, my neighbor took me to school. After that, I could drive.
7. What kind of car did you have? This also has to have background information. When I was a child, my parents said that we could have any car we wanted when we turned 16 if we did not drink or smoke at the time. Though early in high school I made poor choices, I became a Christian and did not drink or smoke. So I drove a red Mercedes Benz SLK. It was such a cute car. The funny part is that I was so embarrassed to drive it that I traded it in for a much cheaper car when I was in college. I did not like the assumptions associated with it.
8. What kind of car do you have now? Chevy Z71 Tahoe. I love it!!!
9. It is Friday night…where are you (then)? Probably hanging out with my boyfriend at the time and his friends. That is one regret I have of high school. I wish I had not dated.
10. It is Friday night…where are you (now)? Ironically, it is Friday night. I am watching TV. Brett is not home. Usually, we hang out.
11. What kind of job did you have in high school? I did not work in high school. I played sports a lot, and I really did not have much extra time.
12. What kind of job do you have now? I stay at home with my sweet kids. I also help write legal forms for my dad’s firm, but that is very few hours a week.
13. Were you a party animal? Definitely not. I am a homebody.
14. Were you considered a flirt? Hmm….I do not think so…
15. Were you in band, orchestra or choir? I completely lack any talent in those areas.
16. Were you a nerd? Not really. But I was not cool either.
17. Did you get suspended or expelled? As I mentioned, I had detention every day, but that was my sister’s fault. I never did anything to get suspended.
18. Can you sing the fight song? Not a chance.
19. Who were your favorite teachers? Two of my English teachers (Mrs. Wimberley and Mrs. Taylor) were my absolute favorites. English was not my best subject, but they taught me to fall in love with it.
20. Where did you sit during lunch? All over the place. Depended on what lunch hour I had.
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you? NO WAY. Unless I could do it differently. I actually thought high school was fun, but like I said, I have some things I would have definitely changed.
22. Did you have fun at prom? It was fine. I do not enjoy dancing, but it was fun to get dressed up and socialize.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to prom with? No.
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion? I would like to go. Unless I am big pregnant or just have had a baby. You know, you have to look good LOL.
This is funny to think back to high school. I make it sound bad. I did like high school a lot. I just wish I had more wisdom and possibly made better choices. There were so many fun memories associated with high school. I mostly loved playing sports and all that entailed.
Go ahead and do this…..it brings back funny memories!!!