This is another fun list from The Lid. Since I am lacking motivation for a real blog post, this will do for now!
1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher.
Two of my high school English teachers, Mrs. Taylor and Mrs. Wimberley, are my two favorite teachers. In addition to being quality teachers, I actually did not like English until high school. Between the two of them, I learned to love English. It’s not my strongest subject, but it is definitely my favorite! And I owe that to them.
2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life.
The moment I realized that I may not be the best mom ever made, but God created me to mother my children (with my strengths and weaknesses). That was when I let go of the guilt of “not being enough”. I may struggle with that at moments, but it just to consume me.
3. About favorite colors–a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke?
Pink- Aesthetically, I just really like the way it looks. It makes me happy!! I also love all things girlie, and pink is the epitome of girliness.
4. What’s a sure sign that you’re getting older?
When you can vividly remember what happened “fifteen years ago”.
5. Please don’t sermonize, but Halloween–is it a yes or no for you?
Aside from the occasional gross costumes (Hanibel Lecter, gory monsters, etc), I like Halloween. I obviously disagree with the evil, yucky parts, but does anyone (besides witches) even take part in those things? Kids dressing up in costumes is about the cutest sight in the world. And in a world of limits and boundaries, kids deserve a day to eat all the junk food their bellies can handle. So its a yes for me. It is all in good fun.
I will tell you what annoys me….when churches do the exact same thing as Halloween (dress up and hand out candy) but call it a “fall festival”. IT IS THE SAME THING. Changing the name does not change anything.
6. What’s your favorite musical?
The ones that are not on. I am not a musical person. Though, I guess I did enjoy Mama Mia in the movie theater (does that count?).
7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse?
Definitely a city mouse! When I go to my parents’ house in the country, I go crazy. I enjoy it for a time, but I do not like being a long ways away from conveniences. If I feel like a fountain Diet Coke at 3:00, I like to get one….without driving 20 miles. Plus, I really love having neighbors!
8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It’s true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, “Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn.”
I would think its pointless.
This question comes from Paula at His Ways Are Not Our Ways.
9. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn’t. Paula, you do know that this blog is rated G, right?
Hmm….I really cannot think of anything. I have texted while driving, which is more stupid than crazy.
10. “It’s not a party unless _______.”
there is food!
11. When you’re stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available.
Traffic- I like to listen to podcasts
Waiting room- Play games on my iPod.
12. If you weren’t yourself, would you be friends with you?
I would. I think I would enjoy myself. Although, I really only like having a couple of friends, I may make it difficult to actually get to know me!