1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.
Sitting in my chaise lounge (Brett and I each have one) in our basement. With a salty snack and a Diet Coke. Lights on. (I like to go to theaters, but I get really uncomfortable while pregnant. And they do not pause to let me use the restroom.)
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
In college, I took a class called “Death and Dying”, where we had to plan our own funeral. It was really morbid and not very enjoyable. I really have no specific ideas, but I hope that, in the midst of suffering for those still alive, there is joy and peace knowing that I am celebrating with my Jesus in Heaven! I plan to live to see my 100th birthday, so really, it will not be that sad.
3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
I am more wired to be a giver. I like to serve and bless others. However, in this season of my life, my honest answer is that I am a taker. I do not mean to be this way, but it is my reality. One day, I will be a giver, once again. For now, I am so thankful to have people in my life who generously give.
4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?
Definitely play it by ear. I may have some thoughts of what I want to do, but decisions get made on a need-to-know basis. I am weird. I consider myself a planner, but I do not prefer to actually have plans. It’s kinda hard to explain.
5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
I am not sure if it needs to be cleaned regularly, but I barely ever wash my windows. They are not that gross, really, but they rarely get cleaned.
6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.
I love love love Compassion International.
7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
I never eat jelly on my PB&J’s. My custom sandwich is peanut butter and bananas. Yummy! Or just plain peanut butter. Never jelly.
8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
I talk a lot faster. And I feel the need to fill dead space.
9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of toothbrushing and jammies?
It is not too elaborate, but its more than the basics. I brush my teeth. Remove my eye make-up. Shower (or at the very least wash my feet off). Dry off. Put on my jammies. Drink some water. Watch TV. Snuggle with Brett. Go to my side of the bed. And fall asleep.
10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
Besides the potentially boring material, I try to stay pretty politically correct. So probably not.
11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
Yes. I usually hear I look like Reese Witherspoon and Alicia Silverstone. Which I take as a great compliment. However, I have not heard either in awhile….LOL!
12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
Hmmm….I could think of lots of silly songs to dedicate to Brett. But probably right now, I would dedicate “Jesus Loves Me” to Chloe. Everytime we get in the car, she yells, “JESUS LOVES ME, THIS I KNOW!” Which means, “Turn on Jesus Loves Me.” I love that about her :).