With just over three weeks until I give birth to my precious baby boy, I am starting to think less about pregnancy and more what life is going to look like.
However, tonight, I was thinking of the things I will miss and not miss about being pregnant. May I share such a list with you.
Things I will miss….
1. Feeling my sweet little boy kicking around inside of my belly
2. Daydreaming about what Luke will be like
3. My kids asking me everyday, “Can I hit baby Luke?” (When I say no, they ask to kiss him. Cute!)
4. Not worrying about what I eat (I like to think pregnancy is God’s way of letting women indulge without guilt….I know some of you would disagree)
5. Sleeping (mostly) through the night
6. The accommodations made for pregnant women
7. Having an excuse to not do the things I do not want to do
Things I will not miss….
1. Being HUGE! (I get huge even when I eat well, so no lectures, please)
2. Going to the restroom every 2.7 seconds
3. Not being able to do the things I want to do (wrestle with my kids, having energy to show hospitality, walk up stairs without being winded, etc)
4. Feeling like a beached whale everytime I turn over in bed
5. Waddling instead of walking
6. Maternity clothes
7. Sore muscles from doing nothing
8. The inability to bend over
9. Feeling like my legs are getting no circulation
I am sure there are more, but those are what comes to mind!!
We want to have one more child after this, so I apologize, in advance, that you will have to endure this adventure with me again one day. Probably in about 2 years. Give or take (well, mostly just give).