So, as it turns out, I like lists. I have always known this, but blogging in lists in easier for me.
1. I was upstairs yesterday and from downstairs I heard Caleb say, “Daddy, I am proud of you.” It was just out of the blue and very sweet.
2. I picked up Chloe last week and hugged her. She told me, “You are my best friend.” Melted. my. heart. She prefers Brett most of the time (which is so precious), so this was a welcome statement!
3. No offers on the house yet. To say I am exhausted keeping it up would be an understatement. We have shown it about 15 times. I am ready to sell it.
4. We have not found a house in Florida yet. So, Lord, help us with that one.
5. I jogged today for the first time. I am not sure that I will be able to walk tomorrow, but it felt awesome to get outside in this gorgeous weather.
6. I remembered last week why I hate humid weather. Moving to Florida sounded much more appealing in the winter, but I am still confident of God’s calling.
7. I got a new Bible last week, and I love it. The cover is soft, and I really like the size of it. Plus, I love all things about marriage, and the little devotionals in it all relate to relationships.
8. I actually fill out the family tree in the front of my Bible. Is that weird? Does anyone else do that??
9. It’s April. Could time go any faster? Golly. I wish it would slow down.
10. In the car today, Caleb told me the entire story of Daniel in the lion’s den. Sometimes I do not know if our teachings are soaking in, but sure enough, they are. Praise God.
11. When Caleb turned four, I was nervous he did not know any of his letters yet. A combination of watching the Letter Factory and using the enclosed flash cards solved that problem. Caleb pays so much attention to the smallest details. He told me recently, “Bear starts with K.” When I corrected him, he said, “In the letter factory, K is pointing to a bear.” Sure enough on the flash card, the K is pointing to a Koala bear (a very small Koala bear, I might add). Caleb’s ability to notice details amazes me. As does his memory. He does not forget anything. When we are driving, he can tell me where we’re going or whose house we pull up to. This is fascinating to me.
12. Chloe is the girliest girl. That just makes me smile. She can tell when her clothes do not match, and she loves shoes. Being a girl rocks, so I am happy she has taken to the gender so well :).
13. Luke is still an amazing baby. He is about to roll over any day now. He smiles a lot and is generally so easy. He still wakes up once to eat in the night, but that’s it! Luke just goes with the flow of our family so well. He is well loved by his brother and sister! I am so excited to see what his personality will be like.