I started working out yesterday (again). Luke is 4 months old, and with both my other kids, I had lost my baby weight by then. I am ten pounds away. Considering I gained some A LOT of weight during my pregnancy, ten pounds is not bad. But, my regular clothes still do not fit, and I’d like to not have to buy anymore new clothes. Anyway, I am happy about working out, but I still cannot find it in me to believe those people who say working out gives you more energy. Because, I am tired!
So instead of a life update, here is the Random Dozen from The Lid.
1. Would you rather host party or simply attend a party?
Host. I enjoy being in my home, and I especially love preparing for guests. Being able to open my home to serve and bless others is a joy to me. However, during the last year or so, I have been SO thankful for friends who open their home to me. So I also really enjoy attending a party, especially when life is crazy!
2. Tell us about the most memorable party you’ve been to.
I have been to a lot of fun, memorable parties in my life! I would have to say my wedding was a pretty fun party!
3. What is one thing you hope for in the after-life?
Meeting my amazing Lord Jesus…in a place where “death is just a memory and tears are no more” (“You’re Beautiful” by Phil Wickham).
4. What do you enjoy most about sunshine?
I have a pep in my step when the sun shines. It makes life more cheerful and fun!
5. When you attend a bridal/baby shower, do you prefer to bring your own gift or chip in with others to buy a larger gift?
I do not really have a preference. If I am just buying off of the registry, I will do either. If I have a specific gift idea that is more personal and thoughtful, I like to give my own.
6. Would you rather have a FREE week of having your house cleaned or all of your meals cooked for you and your family?
No question. Cook. Of all my daily responsibilities, cooking is my absolute least favorite.
7. What song describes your mood today?
I’m way too tired to come up with something thoughtful.
8. What is something you received for your own bridal shower/wedding that you still own or use? (If you are not married, feel free to sub a gift you received a long time ago.)
There are quite a few things I still use. Probably my most favorite item is a set of tea towels my babysitter (growing up) embroidered for me. My babysitter was more like a grandma to me. She watched us after school for as long as I can remember (I think she started when I was 3). I always admired her craftiness, so it was really cool to get the tea towels from her at my wedding shower. She also gave me a can of Chef Boyardee Ravioli, because I ate that everday for lunch in Kindergarten (I only went for 1/2 day). Fun memory!
9. Your favorite flavor of ice cream is?
I actually do not really like ice cream, but if I eat it, I pretty much am a vanilla girl.
10. When was the last time you felt “tested?”
This transition time in our life has been quite testing. Brett’s health has been bad for about 2 months. Selling our home was taxing. And now, leaving the place I have called home for my adult life (because college does not count as adult life) is pretty tough. Though I know God has great things in store, it’s still hard.
11. “[Fill in the blank] is a food that once I start eating I find really hard to stop.”
Chips and Salsa. Yummy!
12. “—–” is the best motivation.
The Word of God (and clothes not fitting)